angels, angel books for kids, divine, prayers, MOPS, kids, family, blog, elf on the shelf, helpful
I don't know about you but I feel like fixing something yummy today and having it to enjoy the rest of the weekend. If it makes it that long! We have hundreds (yes 100s!!) of angel recipes on our Pinterest page (www.pinterest.com/whereisyourangel). Here's one of them that is sure to please, only has a handful of ingredients, and is easy to make. Winner, winner, forget about dinner!
Seven Minutes in Heaven Cake
1 box of angel food cake
2 boxes of instant chocolate pudding (prepared accordingly)
4 c. heavy cream
1/4 T. powered sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare angel food cake according to package directions. Pour about 2/3 mixture into a 9x13 ungreased baking pan. Bake until slightly golden (25-30 minutes). Let cool.
3. When the cake has cooled poke big holes across the surface of the cake using the rounded end of a wooden spoon.
4. Pour prepared chocolate pudding mix over the cake and spread with a spatula making sure to fill in and cover the holes. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. (You could also use a different kind of pudding mix - french vanilla, banana cream, pistachio, coconut, or strawberry - depending on mood, season, or event.)
5. In a large bowl combine the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form.
6. Spread over cake and garnish with chocolate shavings. (I also like to add chocolate shavings to the pudding mix for texture.)
Eat, enjoy, repeat! See if it lasts you the whole weekend!!
#heaven #angels #weekend