School Is In!
No matter what part of the country you live in school has either started or is getting ready to start. That means many things to both parents and kids. More routine, more homework for sure, and probably even more student peer drama.
To help ease into the transition we have some tips to help your family along.
1. Stay connected. Eat at least one meal a day together - preferably two (breakfast and dinner). At breakfast, which are pretty rushed around our place, we are waking up and encouraging each other. At dinner, we are winding down, recapping our day, and planning for the next day.
2. Do what you can and delegate the rest. If your kids are old enough to make their sandwiches for lunch - let them. If they are old enough to get their own snacks and help pack their lunch box - let them. Many hands make light work! And the more you can do the night before the better. If you can't, all that running around in the morning helps get your blood pumping.
3. Have the kids lay out their outfits for school the night before. Don't forget the socks and underwear too! This helps soo much in our household.
4. After school get a treat - whether it be $1 cone from McDonald's (one of our faves) or a slurpee - reward their efforts for getting back into the routine.
5. Keep a little bit of summer still alive. Whether you took walks, went to the park, or had play dates continue to do that as time permits. Don't let summer end too soon. While you are making these memories, remember to include your angel. It will make those moments more meaningful.
#schooldays #teachers #family #summer #tips #angels #kids #school #whereisyourangel #angelwatchingoverme #together #memories
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.